School Tours K-12
K-12 Docent-guided Tours
Docents engage students using an interactive, conversation-based approach.
- Docent-guided tours are offered Tuesday through Friday (School Tour Options PDF: Fall 2013 | Spring 2014).
- Docent-guided Tours are FREE for students and required chaperones.
- At least one chaperone per ten students is required (1:10), but up to one chaperone per six (1:6) students is permitted for docent-guided tours.
- If you have special needs or specific learning goals please indicate them in your online tour request.
- If you would like extra time before or after your docent guided tour please leave your request in the comments box. (Note: Only docent accompanied groups are allowed inside Museum before it opens at 10 a.m.
K-12 Teacher-guided Tours
Teacher-guided visits are perfect for those who wish to move through the galleries at their own pace.
- Teacher-guided tours are offered Tuesday through Sunday.
- One chaperone for every six students (1:6) is required for teacher-guided tours.
- To involve students, we recommend that all self-guided tours participate in a teacher-directed gallery activity during their visit. See the Educator Resources page for gallery ideas or contact the School and Teacher Program Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pencils only, please. We recommend hard-backed notebooks, sketch pads, or clipboards.
- If the teacher-guided tour options do not fit your needs, please select the closest option and indicate modifications in the comment box. (Note: Only docent-accompanied groups are allowed inside Museum before it opens at 10 a.m.).
For more information about tours and to register, click here.