The Museum’s 2013-2014 Teacher Advisory Council is made up of a group of educators who will serve a one-year term during the school year. The council will work with and advise the Portland Art Museum’s Education Department.
Objectives—Participating educators will work closely with the Education department to:
- Brainstorm and collaborate on the roles and goals of the teacher council in its pilot year. We want to create an advisory council that is a good fit for the Museum and reflects and is responsive to the wants and need of our education community.
- Work with Museum staff to create, vet, and plan teacher resources.
- Provide peer review and constructive criticism on accessibility, educational content, and activities.
- Suggest opportunities, topics, speakers, and activities for professional development workshops.
- Act as ambassadors for the Museum through participation and promotion of school and teacher programs and providing a network of support for Museum and teaching community.
Commitment—Selected members would be expected to attend at least 3 of the 4 meetings which will be held quarterly in the evenings during the 2013-14 school year. Participating teachers will receive a complimentary family membership to the Museum.
If you are interested in the council or have additional questions, please contact Danae Hutson at email@example.com.
Integrate the Museum into your curriculum or prepare for your Museum visit with our teacher resources and guides.
Most lesson plans include relevant background information about art history, vocabulary terms, a list of materials needed for activities, and questions to assess knowledge gained. Images of objects can be printed from the free PDF onto transparency film for use on overhead projectors.